Monday, April 30, 2012

Entry Wk 16.1


This term has been different for me from my past semesters. Taking two art labs is different than taking multiple English classes. It’s very different putting a paper off to the last minute and a drawing, let alone four drawings. I have had difficulties keeping a schedule where I can maintain a steady progress on my drawings.

            In past semesters I have had a high level of anxiety, stressing almost to the point of a meltdown over my classes and what I had to do in order to pass them. This term I didn’t have the anxiety, but I also don’t have that last minute drive to get everything done, or die trying. I don’t know which one is worse.   

            Everything is due in only a few days and HOLY SHIT I have so much to do. It feels like the act of going to class actually detracts from the efforts I need to dedicate to finishing up my classes. The irony is that everyone thinks it’s great to take liberal art classes because of the fewer tests and lack of finals. Right now I would love to have a final.

            I also am rethinking my career in the Art Department. I am in my second intro to drawing class and have come to the conclusion that I like sketching and gesture drawings, but am not a fan of lengthy, in-depth,  drawings of a bowl of fruit.

It’s hard to judge this 20 minute shit. What counts? Just the typing? What about the process of considering what to write? What if I search the interwebs for images to represent my theme?  There are times when just figuring out what I want to write about takes an hour, let alone how to write it.




No comments:

Post a Comment